An Adventurer's Mate

A blog of adventure, tales of daring, and all the thrills and spills of my life!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Seedy Dvds?

I forgot to mention the rather odd conversation I had in the market.

A man approached me and said, in a thick accent, "Seedy Dvd?"
I looked around, and thought briefly "Why not?"
But I came to my senses and said a firm "NO!"

"Seedy Dvd?" he persisted.
"No."
"Seedy?"
"I'm not!"
"Dvd?"
"I'd like a dvd, perhaps, but not a seedy one."
"Seedy dvd?"
"No!"
"Seedy?"
"NO!"
"Seedy Dvd?"

By this point, we'd walked about two hundred yards or so, and people were beginning to stare.

"Seedy Dvd?"
"Have you got any wholesome family entertainment?"

He nodded, and waved his hands at me.
He had a dvd in one hand, and a cd in the other.

*sigh*

8 Comments:

At 12:51 am, Blogger sarah said...

hehehee..

a true misunderstanding.

nice play on words Walter.

hope Shanghai remains entertaining.. found Deadfast yet?

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger SafeTinspector said...

You have a short tail! Its funny!
I like your short, funny tale!

 
At 6:59 pm, Blogger katehopeeden said...

LMAO
Too awesome!
~K

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger LMB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:11 pm, Blogger LMB said...

That was funny. Made me laugh snot outta me nose.

 
At 6:07 am, Blogger sarah said...

you think that's good!?

you should read ALL of walter's posts. he's a freakin riot!

 
At 6:08 am, Blogger sarah said...

but yes.. this one was good.

;o) mmmmwah! walter.

 
At 12:21 pm, Blogger Walter said...

Hey, Mr Safe Inspector. Leave my tail out of this. How do you know it's small, anyway? I've had many compliments.

Sarah -why, thank you. If I ever escape from a life of drudgery, you may start my fan club.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home